About The Gilmore
The Irving S. Gilmore International Keyboard Festival (The Gilmore) promotes and develops world-class keyboard musical experiences through its Gilmore Artist Awards; a biennial, 17-day music festival featuring the most accomplished international keyboard artists; an annual series of Rising Stars recitals and two biennial Piano Masters concerts; an outstanding keyboard education program and the commissioning of new music for the keyboard.
The Gilmore is seeking a talented Director of Finance to join our exciting, high-profile organization. This position serves as the key liaison for oversight of financial management and the successful candidate will have demonstrated skills in managing and increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of financial support services. She/he/they will be self-motivated, results-oriented, creative, entrepreneurial, highly energetic and intelligent, with exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Provide accurate and timely financial reports and analysis to management, board members, staff, independent auditors and government agencies.
- Assist in oversight of the organization’s financial assets to ensure proper record keeping and use.
- Provide accurate and timely processing of cash disbursements and other financial transactions.
- Provide a budget process that incorporates periodic review and status reports.
- Monitor financial activities and assist in problem resolution. Make recommendations as appropriate
- Maintain appropriate records of financial transactions.
- Manage payroll and comply with tax requirements.
- Mange insurance policies and benefit programs that comply with programs described in the employee handbook.
- Supervise an assistant who processes invoices and reconciles accounts
- Act as liaison to coordinate technology needs with third party IT company.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10 years experience or Master’s degree/CPA plus 5 years experience
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Extensive experience in preparation of financial statements.
- Experience and knowledge specific to payroll processing and tax requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of Excel and MS Word.
- In-depth knowledge of Financial Edge and Peachtree software
- General knowledge of Windows operating system, Internet, Email and databases.
- Extensive experience with budget preparation and variance analysis.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Knowledge and ability to develop and organize transaction processing procedures that include oversight and internal controls
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with G Suite and Tessitura CRM
- Experience with Fundriver endowment accounting software
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor in a fast-paced work environment
- Extra commitment during the biennial Festival and interim season concerts, including evenings and weekends
The Director of Finance reports to the Director and supervises the Finance Assistant.
The Gilmore offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
Medical, Dental insurance
Flexible Spending Account
401 (K) Retirement Plan
Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday Pay