What Your Gift Supports
What Your Gift Supports
Ticket sales are an important source of revenue for The Gilmore — but the truth is ticket sales cover less than half the cost of presenting an event like the Gilmore Piano Festival, or even a single concert. We rely on the charitable gifts of our donors to help make up the difference. The funding we receive from our supporters allows us to offer myriad musical experiences throughout West Michigan.
- Piano Labs: Piano lessons taught during and after school by professional piano teachers and music therapists at Woods Lake, Spring Valley, and Ann J. Kellogg elementary schools; KRESA’s Young Adult Program; the Kalamazoo County Juvenile Home; and the Maple Street YMCA.
- KeysFest: Piano master classes and workshops for piano students of all skill levels, grades 1-12.
- Piano Camp: A week-long summer camp where children expand their piano skills at the Sherman Lake YMCA Outdoor Center in Augusta, Michigan.
- The Gilmore Piano Festival: A world-renowned, biennial celebration of piano music presenting more than 100 concerts, lectures, master classes, films, and education programs in Kalamazoo and communities across West Michigan
- Piano Masters Series: A biennial recital series, presented in rotation with the Festival, showcasing the world’s top keyboard artists.
- Rising Stars Series: An annual recital series featuring the leading pianists of the next generation from around the world.
Artist Awards & Commissions
- The Gilmore Artist Award: Recognition of exceptional pianistic artistry with one of the most significant financial awards given in music. Presented every four years to one artist.
- The Gilmore Young Artist Award: Recognition of young pianists who demonstrate the talent and drive to become successful concert pianists. Presented every two years to two artists.
- New Music Commissions: A lasting contribution to contemporary piano literature that furthers the careers of talented composers and artists.
- Gilmore Family Concerts: The entire family is invited to these engaging and free education-focused concerts.
- Student Tickets: Full-time students can purchase tickets to most Gilmore events for just $7.
- Community Partnerships: The Gilmore provides free tickets through community service agency partners. A partnership with community agencies provides their clients with educational activities and access to concerts.