What Your Gift Supports
Ticket sales cover less than half of the cost of presenting events like the Gilmore Keyboard Festival; we rely on the charitable gifts of our donors to help make up the difference. The funding we receive from our supporters allows us to offer myriad musical experiences throughout West Michigan.
- Biennial Festival – A biennial celebration of keyboard music presenting more than 100 concerts, lectures, master classes, films, and education programs in Kalamazoo and communities across West Michigan
- Rising Stars Series – An annual recital series featuring the leading pianists of the next generation from around the world
Artist Awards & Commissions
- Gilmore Artist Award – Recognition every four years of exceptional pianistic artistry with the most significant financial award given in music
- Gilmore Young Artist Award – Biennial awards given to two young pianists who demonstrate the talent and drive to become successful concert pianists
- New Music Commissions – A lasting contribution to contemporary piano literature that furthers the careers of talented composers and artists
- Piano Labs – Piano lessons taught during and after school by professional piano teachers and music therapists at Woods Lake, Spring Valley, and Ann J. Kellogg elementary schools; KRESA’s Young Adult Program; the Kalamazoo County Juvenile Home; and the YMCA
- KeysFest – Piano master classes and workshops for piano students of all skill levels, grades 1-12
- Piano Camp – A week-long summer camp where children expand their piano skills at the Sherman Lake YMCA Outdoor Center in Augusta, Michigan
- Student Tickets – Full-time students can purchase tickets to most Gilmore events for just $7.
- Community Partnerships – The Gilmore provides free tickets through community service agency partners. A partnership with community agencies provide their clients with educational activities and access to concerts.
- Gilmore Family Concerts – The entire family is invited to these engaging and free education-focused concerts.
For More Information
To learn more about supporting The Gilmore, contact Alisa Carrel, Assistant Director of Development, at 269.342.1166 or email@example.com.