Work for The Gilmore
Family and Community Engagement Coordinator (Battle Creek)
The Family and Community Engagement Coordinator will be a resident of the greater Battle Creek area that provides leadership in coordinating relationships with community partners, growing area audiences, and encouraging other residents and employees in Battle Creek to participate 2018 Gilmore Festival events.
Pre-Festival Responsibilities (January-March 2018)
- Works with the Director of Education and the Education and Operations Coordinator to identify community partners and ways to engage these partners and their constituents within the greater Battle Creek community.
- Identifies underserved populations in Battle Creek and explores ways to form relationships, serve, and engage these groups and individuals.
- Creates educational offerings and/or events to support Festival concerts.
- Explores ways to increase attendance and local marketing for Festival events by connecting with diverse media and cultural groups. This will be developed into a Festival marketing plan for the Battle Creek area.
Festival Responsibilities (April-May 2018)
- Provides support for the Director of Operations with Battle Creek Keyboard Festival events in May.
- Provides support for the Director of Education and the Education and Operations Coordinator during education events in April and May.
- Accompany community partners to Gilmore Festival events in Battle Creek.
- Gather and maintain engagement data and attendance, and communicate to the Education and Operations departments.
This position is defined as “temporary part-time” and will run January 2018 through the end of May 2018. January through March will average 5 hours a week. April and May will increase hours, up to 20 – 30 a week, as the Festival approaches.
Pay is hourly and commensurate with the level of experience.
To Apply for Family and Community Engagement Coordinator
Submit a resume and cover letter to: The Gilmore, Attn: Adam Schumaker, Director of Education, 359 South Kalamazoo Mall, Suite 101, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 49007 or Fax 269.342.0968 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.