About The Gilmore
The Piano Lab Instructor will be teaching keyboard skills and supervising after school practice in the Woods Lake, Spring Valley, or Ann J Kellogg Elementary Piano Labs, Monday through Thursday, during the afterschool hours of 3:30 to 5:30 pm. Evening events will be required, and additional day-time teaching assignments are possible.
• Degree in piano pedagogy/performance or relative experience
• Previous piano teaching experience
• Ability to handle sensitive situations in the school setting
• Ability to maintain a calm demeanor in fast-paced situations
• Minimum commitment of September 2018-May 2019
Hours and Wages
• Up to 6 hours a week possible
• $20-$30 hour dependent upon experience
• Instruct 2nd through 5th grade students in group practice session
• Occasionally substitute teach for other piano instructors
• Maintain, administer, and contribute to Piano Lab curriculum
• Participate in the Piano Lab recitals (February/May)
• Attend occasional education staff meetings at The Gilmore
• Report time worked via timesheets to director
• Complete special projects assigned by Director
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to: The Gilmore, Attn: Adam Schumaker, Director of Education, 359 South Kalamazoo Mall, Suite 101, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 49007 or Fax 269.342.0968 or e-mail email@example.com.
Sunday, November 4 at 4:00 PM
Thursday, November 15 at 8:00 PM
Babies and toddlers are invited to this piano playtime.
Stay in Touch
Keep up-to-date with all the latest Festival news!