Work for The Gilmore
Family and Community Engagement Coordinator (Battle Creek)
The Family and Community Engagement Coordinator will be a resident of the greater Battle Creek area that provides leadership in coordinating relationships with community partners, growing area audiences, and encouraging other residents and employees in Battle Creek to participate 2018 Gilmore Festival events.
Pre-Festival Responsibilities (January-March 2018)
- Works with the Director of Education and the Education and Operations Coordinator to identify community partners and ways to engage these partners and their constituents within the greater Battle Creek community.
- Identifies underserved populations in Battle Creek and explores ways to form relationships, serve, and engage these groups and individuals.
- Creates educational offerings and/or events to support Festival concerts.
- Explores ways to increase attendance and local marketing for Festival events by connecting with diverse media and cultural groups. This will be developed into a Festival marketing plan for the Battle Creek area.
Festival Responsibilities (April-May 2018)
- Provides support for the Director of Operations with Battle Creek Keyboard Festival events in May.
- Provides support for the Director of Education and the Education and Operations Coordinator during education events in April and May.
- Accompany community partners to Gilmore Festival events in Battle Creek.
- Gather and maintain engagement data and attendance, and communicate to the Education and Operations departments.
This position is defined as “temporary part-time” and will run January 2018 through the end of May 2018. January through March will average 5 hours a week. April and May will increase hours, up to 20 – 30 a week, as the Festival approaches.
Pay is hourly and commensurate with the level of experience.
To Apply for Family and Community Engagement Coordinator
Submit a resume and cover letter to: The Gilmore, Attn: Adam Schumaker, Director of Education, 359 South Kalamazoo Mall, Suite 101, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 49007 or Fax 269.342.0968 or e-mail email@example.com.
Ticketing Services Assistant
The Ticketing Services Assistant provides support to the Gilmore Keyboard Festival Box Office processing ticket orders and exchanges, and provides excellent customer service.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility is selling tickets and assisting customers with questions in the Gilmore Box Office, over the phone, and at the door prior to concerts.
- Reconcile deposits of monies through The Gilmore’s ticketing system, experience with Tessitura software helpful, but not necessary.
- Responsible for following Gilmore Box Office policies and procedures.
- Process ticket exchanges, donations, and gift certificates.
- Keep informed as to changes in programming, dates, artist changes, and new discounts.
- Other projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Working knowledge of ticketing systems, Microsoft Office, and the Internet preferred.
- Sales and/or customer service experience required.
- Team-player and goal oriented.
- Good organizational skills and ability to handle several projects simultaneously.
- Good telephone presence and ability to work with the public as a source of information and sales.
- Reliable and dependable to fill shifts when scheduled.
Hours Worked & Length of Employment
- This position is part-time, temporary and does not receive health insurance benefits; holiday pay or any paid time-off. Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
- You will need to work 12-15 hours per week (January 8 – April 24, 2018). Hours increase to 20-25 hours per week (April 25 – May 12, 2018).
- The job starts on January 8, 2018 and ends on May 12, 2018.
- The job pays $13.00 per hour.
To Apply for Ticketing Services Assistant Position
Submit a resume and cover letter to: The Gilmore, Attn: Curtis Cunningham, Director of Marketing & Public Relations, 359 South Kalamazoo Mall, Suite 101, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 49007 or Fax 269.342.0968 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital Marketing Coordinator
The Digital Marketing Coordinator works under the Director of Marketing & Public Relations to assist in the organization’s marketing and communications efforts, including the production of print and electronic advertising, social media content, and collateral materials specific to promotion of ticket sales, concert attendance, fundraising, education, community engagement programs, and other external relationships. A key responsibility of the Digital Marketing Coordinator is to assist in the planning of well-curated, highly-engaging, and shareable copy, video, and other content.
A successful Digital Marketing Coordinator will be a highly motivated, organized, enthusiastic, articulate, and creative individual with a strong customer service mentality with excellent writing skills, who will strive for collaboration and communication throughout the organization. Skills in media production, graphic design, and social media content creation are necessary for this position.
- Create and publish dynamic content on The Gilmore’s digital channels
- Maintain and update Gilmore website content and contribute to the development of the organization’s strategic plan, organizational objectives, and mission statement
- Write blogs and regularly update the Gilmore’s YouTube channel
- Produce and coordinate organization’s email campaigns
- Assist in all social media content creation and advertising
- Help develop and maintain an editorial calendar for all social media channels (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Instagram)
- Coordinate visual media updates, including social media event pages, cover photos, website cyclers, organizational video wall sliders, and Instagram stories
- Monitor all digital assets to make them consistent with the organization’s style guides, branding elements, and social media tags
Production and Design
- Photo and video capture/editing for social media and YouTube channel
- Assist in Livestream broadcasts and event photography
- Assist in writing print and electronic newsletters
- Organize all photography and videos to create the organization’s visual content
- Coordinate the production of/create program notes for biennial Festival, Piano Masters Series, and Rising Stars Series
Writing and Publicity
- Write copy for and assist in proofreading marketing materials, including press releases, print ads, newsletters, emails, and brochures
- Coordinate media coverage during Festival and respond to press inquiries
- Assist in purchasing advertisements in organizational program books and magazines for the Festival
- Research and acquire promotional material on artists presented at the biennial Festival, Piano Masters Series, and annual Rising Stars Series
- Update online event calendars for all upcoming events
- Serve as liaison for the organization at the Downtown Kalamazoo Restaurant and Retail Association (DKRRA); volunteer in local committees
- Make presentations to the board and local/regional service clubs and organizations
- Document monthly Marketing Committee meetings
- Organize Gilmore-related donations for local organizations
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Social Media, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or another communications field preferred
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in marketing, social media, public relations, and/or production & design
- Outstanding writing, editing, and proofing skills
- High level of proficiency in MS Office, WordPress, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro), necessary; knowledge of HTML, Google Analytics, and Tessitura, a plus
- Skilled in time, organizational, and work-flow management with the ability to prioritize multiple overlapping projects and changing priorities
- Knowledge of classical and jazz music, a plus
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Video production experience (shooting and Premiere editing), strongly desired
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor in a fast-paced work environment
- Extra commitment during the biennial Festival and interim season concerts, including occasional evenings and weekends
The Digital Marketing Coordinator reports to the Director of Marketing & Public Relations and helps to coordinate a team comprising the Box Office and Tessitura Coordinator, part-time Box Office Associate, graphic designer, web designer, and temporary Festival interns.
The Gilmore Keyboard Festival offers a competitive compensation package, including health insurance with employee contribution, life insurance, 401k plan, paid vacation, and holidays and sick leave, with a salary commensurate with experience.
To Apply for Digital Marketing Coordinator Position
Submit a resume, cover letter, references and salary requirements to: The Gilmore, Attn: Curtis Cunningham, Director of Marketing & Public Relations, 359 South Kalamazoo Mall, Suite 101, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 49007 or Fax 269.342.0968 or e-mail email@example.com.
In addition, please include the following work samples with your application:
- Original writing sample or professional blog on a current topic in classical music
- Sample of work completed using Adobe Creative Suite software
- Sample of social media post
- Sample of video work (url)
Position open until filled.
The Gilmore is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F