About The Gilmore
The Irving S. Gilmore International Keyboard Festival and Awards (The Gilmore) promotes and develops world-class keyboard musical experiences through its Gilmore Artist Awards; a biennial, 17-day music festival featuring the most accomplished international keyboard artists; an outstanding keyboard education program and the commissioning of new music for the keyboard.
We are looking for an experienced and creative Social Media Coordinator to join the marketing team of our exciting, high-profile organization. As Social Media Coordinator, you will manage a plan of well-curated, highly-engaging and shareable copy, video and other content that helps to build interest in and knowledge of classical and jazz music while driving ticket sales and raising awareness of all programs associated with The Gilmore.
This is a part time position requiring 20 hours a week with an increase in hours during our Festival season. Work hours are flexible and can be completed both in the office and from home. The balance between internal and external hours can be arranged with your supervisor.
A successful Social Media Coordinator will communicate and collaborate across the organization to continually brainstorm new angles and ideas for content and messages tailored to The Gilmore’s multiple target market segments.
Benefits include complimentary tickets for Gilmore events and the ability to utilize a social media advertising budget.
- Work with Director of Marketing and the Communications Manager to influence and execute a strategic social media plan for the organization
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends
- Create and edit engaging text, image and video content
- Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz
- Facilitate online conversations with constituents and respond to queries
- Report on online reviews and feedback from patrons and followers
- Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and patron engagement metrics
- Oversee social media accounts’ layout
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective patrons
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Train co-workers to use social media in a cohesive and beneficial way
- Define, track and report on critical social media key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to create and edit compelling video and photo content
- Proven work experience as a Social media coordinator
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google Business Listing, and other social media best practices
- Experience conducting audience and buyer persona research
- Solid understanding of social media KPIs
- In-depth knowledge of Facebook Ads; knowledge of Google Analytics a plus
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively
- Multitasking and analytical skills
- BS degree in Digital Marketing or relevant field
The Social Media Coordinator reports to the Director of Marketing.