Resident Piano Camp – July 7 -12, 2013
Registration is now open! Registration information below.
This overnight camp is available to piano students ages 8 – 17 who have studied the piano for three or more years. Campers will be grouped by ages and abilities. Taught by professional musicians, features of the week-long, overnight camp include:
- Cabins equipped with keyboards or pianos
- Plentiful nature and outdoor activities (like swimming!)
- Keyboard lab to enhance learning music fundamentals, composition and appreciation
- Drama, art and more
- Great food
- Solo and ensemble piano instruction by professional musicians, performances by cool artists, camp faculty, fellow campers…and YOU!
Auditions will be held prior to Piano Camp to ensure correct placement.
Typical daily schedule:
9:30-11:30 Private Group Lessons; Theory class; Jazzy Jams
1-3 Practice, group rehearsals; camp activities
3-6 Workshops w/ guest artists; camp activities
Steps for registration:
1. Register for Camp at Sherman Lake YMCA: Register on-line for Gilmore Piano Camp, or complete a summer camp registration form and mail it to Sherman Lake YMCA Camp.
2. Register for Camp with The Gilmore: Complete a Gilmore Piano Camp registration form online or in hard copy (below) and send it via email or real mail to: Adam Schumaker, Attn: Gilmore Piano Camp, 359 S. Kalamazoo Mall Ste. 101, Kalamazoo, MI 49007
3. Audition: Call The Gilmore as soon as possible to schedule an audition – 269.342.1166 ext. 3125 or 855.845.1768.