Day Piano Camp – July 8-12, 2013
The Gilmore’s week-long Day Piano Camp consists of enrichment activities designed for the beginning years of piano study. Students range in age from 8 to 12 years, and camp placement is determined through an informal piano audition.
The 2013 Day Camp takes place July 8-12. Registration is now open! Registration information below.
Held at the Sherman Lake YMCA Outdoor Center, Gilmore Piano Camp is dedicated to expanding piano skills in an exciting outdoor environment. During the week, students are taught through an integrated curriculum of music, drama, art, nature and various water sports. Campers have access to a keyboard lab and participate in both solo and ensemble piano instruction with professional musicians.
Recitals by guest artists and camp faculty are attended by all campers. The week concludes with a final celebration recital by campers for their peers, friends and family.
Typical daily schedule:
- 9:00 – Arrival at camp
- 9:00-11:30 – Private Group Lessons; Theory class; Jazzy Jams
- 11:30-1:00 – Lunch/rest
- 1:00-2:00 – Elective option
- 2:00-4:00 – camp activities
- 4:00 – Buses leave
- All campers and parents are welcome to return to enjoy the evening recitals and concerts (7:15-8:30)
Steps for registration:
1. Register for Camp at Sherman Lake YMCA: Register on-line for Gilmore Piano Camp, or complete a summer camp registration form and mail it to Sherman Lake YMCA Camp.
2. Register for Camp with The Gilmore: Complete a Gilmore Piano Camp registration form (below) or online and send it via email or real mail to: Adam Schumaker, Attn: Gilmore Piano Camp, 359 S. Kalamazoo Mall Ste. 101, Kalamazoo, MI 49007.
3. Audition: Call The Gilmore as soon as possible to schedule an audition – 269.342.1166 ext. 3125 or 855.845.1768.